In the next few years, all major brands will likely implement chatbot technology to streamline their customer service. Over 100,000 bots have been launched so far on Facebook Messenger and over 15,000 Amazon Alexa Skills have been created.
Here is a summary of the top use cases and standout chatbots across industries:
Banking & Finance
- The banking industry has seen very high adoption rates of chatbot technology. Most of the largest global banks and credit card companies have implemented chatbots to help perform simple customer service requests.
- Banking chatbots work best by fulfilling easily answered questions around account balances and making payments. This enables customer service agents to spend their time focusing on more complicated tasks.
Standout chatbots in the banking industry include:
Food & Beverage
- Food related brands have launched chatbots for the following scenarios
- Browse the menu and order food
- Find the nearest restaurant
- Grocery and spirit brands are using chatbots to provide recipes and fun facts
Standout chatbots in the food and beverage industry include:
Retail & Fashion
- There are a wide range of bots in this industry including gift finders, watching fashion shows, and color matching for hair and makeup.
- Many of the chatbots also aim to serve as a personal concierge service
- Shopping and fashion chatbots are the most interactive due to the variations in the industry and focus on style personalization
Standout chatbots in the retail and fashion industry include:
- Airlines and Online Travel Agencies are using chatbots for the following use cases
- Flight searches
- Travel inspiration
- Answering FAQs such as baggage allowance, mileage programs, flight status, etc.
- For the final steps of the booking process, travel bots typically handoff to a main website / app or to a human agent to complete the booking
Standout chatbots in the travel industry include: